Body, Soul and Me - Kind of Forword

       Its been almost a year since i received those film rolls from her. I was sent two of Tri X 400s(BnW) and 2 of Provia 400H (color) rolls which are what exactly i asked for.  I promised myself to use those rolls wisely not just because they're expensive but also i believe that the films are sacred!
   It happened to me via two American portrait and wedding photographers named Ryan Muirhead and Tanja Lippert whom i found on YouTube who only uses analogue medium. I saw them capturing a whole wedding using this medium,  That's not the thing which inspired me to shoot film but the psychology he (Ryan) explained why he chooses film over digital.
 That inspired me right away. .And from then, I started to search the process of shooting/developing film rolls. I must admit that I was quiet frightened after seeing those chemistry(darkroom process) things because it requires tonnes of knowledge and experience but is also interesting at the same time.

P.C Google
  After some months I decided to buy a analogue body and finally owned a Nikon FM 10, a fully manual camera from a local store .But the quest for the film rolls went quiet long and found some days later that they available just two streets after where I bought the body!
 About the film it was Fuji C200, a color film. I shot two rolls of them and done developing it but they're yet to be scanned. A half of the second film roll I shot didn't come out well because it was all jammed due to the rewind issue.

    After sometime i wanted to get some pro level film rolls which aren't available at the local store. I had to ask my friends in the States. A friend agreed to ship the films that I wanted but later he couldn't. Surprisingly I got helped by the person whom I didn't had in the list. She didn't just help me to get those film rolls but also sponsored. So from that day I felt like I owe something for my friend and for the films . As I said I wanted to try something new with it. I there were some occasions I could've used them but I waited.
  After 10 months since I received my rolls I promised myself to use a roll of Tri x for my forthcoming travel project
At this point I've decided to split this story into 3 parts where the next one shares why I said the films are sacred and the experience I had shooting with analogue medium.

From here on I'll share the recent movie/book I've watched/read at the end of every story!

The latest Movie: Loving Vincent.






Comments